Anyone who knows my musical tastes will not be surprised at my interest in John Rutter. The following are the pieces he would like to have as his Desert island Discs.
- In the Bleak Midwinter…arranged by David Willcocks
- Morning…the introduction from part 3 of Haydn’s Creation
- Gloria in Excelsis from Bach’s B Minor Mass
- Epilogue from Shakespeare’s Henry Vth
- Mozart’s Piano Quartet in G Minor
- Almost Like Being in Love….Lerner and Loewe
- Rachmaninov’s Symph no 2 (opening of 3rd Movement)
- ‘Keep me as the Apple of an Eye’ from Compline (sung as plainchant)
That’s what I call eclectic!
For an example of his works click on the link below